Friday 2 February 2007

Spurs lost.

But I did go to the gym and do 4 miles on the cross-country ski machine. In order to stave off boredom I brought my headphones along to listen to the radio. There's a varied selection, a couple of discussion channels, a pop channel, rocky one, and clubbing one. Naturally I pick the clubbing one. But so does everyone else it seems.

By about 15 minutes in, I turn to my right and notice that everyone's synchronized. Arms are thrusting, legs are pumping, sweat is dripping, all to the strains of Pump up the Jam by Technotronic.

Somehow, I feel hollow inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technotronic - now that's something I have not heard in a while...

Anonymous said...

Hollowness is a way of life - we breathe in the shit only to regurgitate what it is that we feel - our emotions...