Thursday 24 May 2007

The System

Today I stuck it to 'The Man'.

I was in the petrol station buying lunch with the music guy, (let's call him Robbie), and proceeded to select an ice-cream from the Walls freezer. Now's about the right time to start having ice-cream for lunch. (This is a throwback from my uni days when two of my friends used to have a magnum double caramel for lunch almost every day).

Anyways, I wanted something creamy, perhaps minty, definitely chocolatey. And there it was...a mint 99 flake.

I took it to the pay desk.

The cashier (Sultana Begum) scanned my other items. These were two packs of chocolate caramel digestives (2 for £1.50). She scanned my other item - the ice-cream. Something was amiss. Up popped the price: £2.99. It had scanned as a "Lord of the Rings top trump" pack. This wouldn't do.

"How much is this?" said I, pointing to the 99.

"Oh sorry mister, I will make adjustment".

She tapped away at the screen, and I left after paying £2.49 in total. Robbie and I exited the petrol station, turning our mobile phones back on. I glanced down at my receipt and, low and behold:

I had paid 99p for my 99 Flake!

Bookshop Bloke = 1
"The Man" = 0

2 comments:

Jameson_Jenocide said...

Yeah you show those punks!! Down with capitalism!!! - JJ x

Find Comfort In Darren said...

YER, this is the start of it. Its starts of with money of here and there, then its 'hmmm i'll put that in my pocket,' then next thing we know, we see you on crime watch's most wanted list