Wednesday 1 August 2007

Le football

Paul Robinson (the Spurs goalie) came into the shop today! He poked around for a bit, then went into Starbucks. All the footballers come in; this year we've had Dennis Bergkamp, some Watford ones, and of course David Beckham.

All this excitement has meant I shall be taking my 4th holiday this year - to Paris! I'm watching Amelie in preparation, and have bought Down and Out in Paris and London and Camus' The Outsider to read. I'm thinking of bringing Therese Racquin as backup just in case. The last time I went was in 2002 during the World Cup, so it'll be nice to revist some haunts along the Left Bank. I bought a chic travel bag from M&S for £40, but will be staying in hostels during the trip. I think I may even have spent more on my luggage than my accommodation by the end of my trip. Oh well, I've kept the receipt, so I'll just return it when I get back in it's 'unused and perfectly saleable condition' - et voila!

No comments: