Wednesday 4 July 2007

Freedom

Alan Johnston was freed today. That's good news.

...

'Bryman' today asked me why he's never mentioned in my blog. It's funny when people (who never read my blog) complain that they're never mentioned. If I was harsh, I'd say it's because they never say anything that will stay with me. But that's not true of Bryman - he's the wisest 20 year old I know.

I think the real reason is because this blog is a small but important outlet for the mundaneity in my life. It contains nuggets of all the little things I subconsciously absorb throughout the week, and consciously think about later on in reflection. It's not the important stuff. The important stuff is the day to day stuff, e.g. moving out, changing jobs, (all stuff that I'm currently doing). But that never interests me, I suppose. It's also really hard to write about the real stuff in an interesting way.

[I'll try it now:

I'm moving out to go back to London, and changing jobs at the same time. Lot's of people are leaving work, including my partner in the Kids' Section (the other member of Team Kenicky). I went out for Moody's 25th (the day before mine), in Islington, went to Bar Rumba (had a great time), got the nightbus, was sick on myself, got off the nightbus which was blockaded at Wood Green because (according to the police) there's "a nutter running around with an axe. We've got him located in this cordened off section, but you'll have to walk around it". One birthday segued into another, and after a few cocktails, I ended up onstage with my shirt off with two of my mates. Then I flew to Portugal the next day. (All in all I had about 8 hours sleep in 48 hours). I laid in the sun and read about 1000 pages. I read John Sutherland's Boy Who Loved Books, the rest of My So-Called Life by Joanna Nadin, all of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, and a couple of articles in the London Review of Books.]


So, whenever me and Bryan talk about society or terrorism, therefore, it'll never go in the blog (but it might stay with me).

When we talk about vaginas on elbows, on the other hand, well that's another story.

1 comment:

Jameson_Jenocide said...

It makes me sad that I do not see you every day anymore Kearan, and it also means that I will no longer appear on our blog. Tell everyone at work I love them, you and Alex are the only ones who talk to me anymore... I knew it... x